This week our floor is having a floor decorating competition! I didn’t want to spend a lot of money since the prize is $25 to Chipotle and no one else has done anything.
I decided to put wrapping paper on my door. It is something I have never done but I thought of it as a Christmas present door. I bought some wrapping paper and a bow for the door.
Wrapping the door is actually a lot more difficult than I thought especially since I have am not tall. Therefore, I recommend having two people decorate the door and to find a door stop to prop your door open with a door stop before you begin. My door is heavy so I had to decorate it closed. Here are my steps:
- I first held up the wrapping paper to see how long I needed it and left extra room for the top and bottom in case I accidentally measured wrong or cut the hole for the door knob in the right place.
- I cut a hole in the spot on the door where the door knob should be.
- Slide the wrapping paper on over the door knob and hold it up. Then roll a couple of pieces of tape up and the wrapping paper so that it doesn’t fall down.
- Trim the top and bottom of the wrapping paper so its a tiny bit longer than the door
- Fold over and tap down any excess wrapping paper along the sides.
- Add any other decoration to the door, I added a silver bow.
I also took advantage of having a dry erase board next to my door and decorated it. I wrote “Merry Christmas” and drew a little Christmas tree.
Hope you are enjoying the Holiday Season! Let me know what your favorite type of wrapping paper pattern is!