19 More Days Until Christmas!!
My old roommate is the RA on one of the floors in my building and she just had a Christmas themed floor event. Since I am her friend, I crashed it. We watched Home Alone on ABC Family, decorated cookies and decorated ornaments. It was a lot of fun!
When I was little, every year my mom had me make ornaments for all of my family and extended family. Each year I made a different ornament to hand out as my gift. One year I decorated ornaments by putting paint inside.
While I was sitting at the floor event I thought a great post would be about fun and easy ways to paint ornaments. These are great ideas for Christmas gifts for all of your family and friends or even just to make something for someone special.
These are the ornaments that I made last night!
- Take the top off of the bulb
- Squirt some paint inside of the ornament. This will use up a lot of paint but it is worth it in the end.
- Once there is paint inside (I like to do one color at a time), roll the paint around so that it covers all of the glass or plastic inside of the ornament. Keep in mind that once the paint covers the inside of the ornament, it will tend to be that color and not change much so you don’t necessarily want to dump all of one color in and coat the entire thing.
- Once you are happy with the way the ornament looks, let the inside dry.
- Put the top of the ornament back on and you are all done!